“What’s happening? When is it happening? Will Spintires support this? Will Spintires support that?”
Yes, we can hear you asking question… many questions, which is great! But it’s about time we created a FAQ for Spintires so that questions are not asked repeatedly.
- Will Spintires support gamepads and steering wheels?
Yes, Spintires will support gamepads and steering when the full game is available. We believe that using a gamepad will bring the most enjoyment to the gameplay, but steering wheel support will be present. Of course that's up to you to decide though.
- Okay, more specifically will Spintires support the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel with clutch and gears?
It’s hard to say for sure that this time, but we will be working hard to incorporate such support.
- Will the gamepad vibrate when I crash into trees and walls etc?
Of course! – It will also vibrate when you travel over rough terrain or when the truck is about to stall.
- Stall? You can stall the truck?
Yes of course! – If you crash or drive through too deep water the truck can stall. It will also stall if you fail to use the clutch correctly (subject to G25/27 support).
- If you can stall, it must mean you can start the engine again?
Yes, you will be able to turn off the engine and turn on the engine at any time.
- Can you overheat the engine?
Yes, if you drive too “insanely” the truck can and will overheat. The radiator can absorb damage and thus reduce cooling effectiveness.
- Will there be day and night cycles?
Yes, the game will gradually cycle through day and night time.
- Will there be snow on the maps?
No. It would require a complete re-write of the physical behaviour of truck because snow is a different property of mud and would affect the truck in a different way.
- Will there be truck trailers?
Yes there will be truck trailers, but only small ones.
That’s all for now, we will continue this FAQ in part two. We hope you enjoyed reading it!